As requested, here is the recipe for the Oeufs Aux Anchois (anchovied eggs). Adapted from the cookbook La Bonne Cuisine Francaise by Marie-Claude Bisson, translated into English by husband. The engineer in him was less inclined to fiddle with the quantities and the paprika was his own twist.
12 fillets anchovies (from the can or jar)
60g g butter
Juice of 1/4 lemon
Bunch Italian Parsley, chopped
3 soup spoons creme fraiche (available from Carrefour)
1. Hard boil the eggs. Peel. Half them longitudinally.
2. Take the yolks and mash them with the anchovies, butter, lemon juice, parsley, paprika, salt and pepper.
3. Fill the egg with the yolk mixture. An icing bag comes in handy, we don't have one, so we improvised one using a plastic bag with a snipped-off corner.
4. Coat the yolk mixture with creme fraiche.
5. Place under a hot grill until golden brown. Serve.